Have you heard? Sephora just rolled out improvements to its customer loyalty program—and to celebrate, nearly everything on the site is on sale!
Through September 3, you can score up to 20 percent off both in store and online. Plus, members now earn points faster and enjoy better rewards.
It's great timing, because Sephora recently added a Clean Beauty department, as well as tons of new brands. There are so many products I've been dying to try, so I'm very excited to take advantage of these discounts!
Here are the all the sale details you need to know, followed by an up-to-date list of my top skincare and makeup product picks.
How to Shop the Sephora Sale
Here's how to qualify to shop, plus sale dates, coupon codes and exclusions.
How to Qualify to Shop
August 24 - September 3:
Rouge members get early access to the sale.
Rouge: YESROUGE for 20 percent off.
VIB: YESVIB for 15 percent off.
Beauty Insider: YESINSIDER for 10 percent off.
Note: Coupon codes are one time use only online, but you can shop in store as many times as you like. Check your email to get your barcode to present in store.
- No more than three Drunk Elephant products per transaction.
- No more than three Tatcha products per transaction.
- Dyson, gift cards, Flash shipping, PLAY! by Sephora subscriptions and customizable sets are excluded from the sale.
Sephora Skincare Picks
- Cleansers: I always recommend using a sulfate-free cleanser. If you're looking to try something new, Tata Harper Clarifying Cleanser (which I'm currently testing) and Go-To Properly Clean (🇺🇸 only) are both recent launches. My favourites also include Drunk Elephant Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser, Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser, Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser (🇨🇦 only), Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel and Consonant Natural Foaming Face Wash (🇨🇦 only). If you want something creamier for dry skin, I suggest Dr Roebuck's Noosa Nourishing Crème Cleanser (🇺🇸 only).
- Acids: For acid exfoliation, BHAs are my preference, but I also like gentle AHAs. Herbivore Prism Exfoliating Glow Potion and Tata Harper Resurfacing Serum are both new AHA/BHA blends. Go-To Exfoliating Swipeys (🇺🇸 only) are a new AHA treatment, and Caudalie Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Serum, Caudalie Vinopure Natural Salicylic Acid Pore Minimizing Toner and Kate Somerville EradiKate Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment are all new BHAs. I talked about these launches in my August edit, by the way! Another great choice is Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum (🇨🇦 only), my favourite gentle BHA.
- Toners: My top toners include Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner, Herbivore Jasmine Green Tea Balancing Toner and Dr Roebuck's Lifesaver Skin Brightening Toner (🇺🇸 only).
- Face mists: A few of the best clean face mists are Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Coconut Water Hydrating Face Mist, Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence and Caudalie Grape Water.
- Essences: For weightless, watery hydration, the hot product in this category is Tatcha The Essence Plumping Skin Softener (I'm looking to pick this up in the sale!). Other good investments are the cult classic SK-II Facial Treatment Essence and Omorovicza Omoressence, both of which I use all the time and love.
- Serums: Consonant HydrExtreme (🇨🇦 only) is my all-time favourite natural hydrating serum, but there are many more to choose from. Naturally Serious Supercharge Anti-Oxidant Moisture Serum (🇺🇸 only) is a new launch with impressive ingredients, and Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum was recently reformulated. Another good one is Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum.
- Moisturizers: If you prefer a cream, LXMI Crème du Nil Pore-Refining Moisture Veil (reviewed here) is my top pick. Dr Roebuck's No Worries Hydrating Face Moisturizer (🇺🇸 only), Dr Roebuck's Nuddy Ultra Hydrating and Repair Crème (🇺🇸 only) and Lano Everywhere Multi-Cream Allover (🇨🇦 only) are also good bets. Caudalie Vinopure Natural Oil Control Moisturizer is a new launch that's perfect for normal to oily skin.
- Eye creams: The best new eye launch to try is Indie Lee I-Waken Eye Serum, made with clean ingredients. My other picks are Biossance Squalane + Peptide Eye Gel (reviewed here) and Dr Roebuck's Down Under Collagen Boosting Eye Treatment (🇺🇸 only).
- Face oils: I suggest choosing stable, oxidation-resistant oils. Think: squalane (Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil or Biossance 100% Squalane Oil); coconut (Kopari Coconut Melt); shea butter (LXMI Pure Nilotica Melt Nourishing Balm-to-Oil); or marula (Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Face Oil).
- Sunscreens: As I explained in my 2018 sunscreen guides, the most protective SPFs include Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Daily Defense SPF 30, Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte Physical Daily Defense SPF 30 and Juice Beauty SPF 30 Oil-Free Moisturizer (🇨🇦 only).
- Vitamin C: Dermalogica BioLumin-C is a new type of vitamin C serum; it's more stable and has a fresh, non-oily texture. Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum and Skin Inc. Vitamin C Serum are other silicone-free options.
- Niacinamide: I love niacinamide because it treats everything from pigmentation to wrinkles to acne. Skin Inc. Vitamin B3+ Niacinamide Serum is lightweight and easy to layer.
- Retinol: I think the best retinol options are Dermalogica Overnight Retinol Repair (🇨🇦 only) and Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution; both are free of silicones. For a gentler, more natural approach, Biossance Squalane + Phyto-Retinol Serum contains the retinol alternative bakuchiol.
- Face masks: For resurfacing, try Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask (reviewed here), Herbivore Blue Tansy AHA + BHA Resurfacing Clarity Mask or Herbivore Brighten Pineapple Enzyme + Gemstone Instant Glow Mask (reviewed here). Indie Lee Clearing Mask is great for acne, and SK-II Facial Treatment Mask is a great splurge if you want hydration.
- Lip balms: I swear by Lano The Original 101 Ointment Multipurpose Superbalm (🇨🇦 only), LXMI Pure Nilotica Melt Nourishing Balm-to-Oil and L'Occitane 100 Percent Pure Shea Butter Mini to heal chapped lips.
Sephora Skincare Tool Picks
- Cleansing brushes: The Foreo Luna 2 is such a worthwhile investment, as it deep-cleans your skin without any irritation and won't harbour bacteria. It also comes in smaller sizes, such as the Foreo Luna Mini, at a lower price point.
- Microcurrent devices: The NuFace Trinity Facial Toning Device actually works to lift and firm the skin, using safe, painless microcurrent. I always stock up on NuFace Gel Primer in the sale.
- Face rollers: So many celebrities love the Nurse Jamie Uplift Massaging Beauty Roller, so now is the time to grab one! Jade rollers such as Mount Lai De-Puffing Jade Facial Roller are also trending right now; both should help boost circulation and de-puff.
- Gua Sha tools: Suddenly, Gua Sha, a Chinese "skin scraping" technique is everywhere! You can do it with the Kora Organics Rose Quartz Heart Facial Gua Sha or the Mount Lai Gua Sha Facial Lifting Tool.
- Exfoliation devices: I always recommend the PMD Personal Microderm for skin-resurfacing results that are comparable to professional treatments. There's also the Nurse Jamie Beauty Stamp Micro-Exfoliation Tool (🇺🇸 only), which is similar to dermarolling and helps products to penetrate more deeply!
- Light therapy devices: Lightstim for Wrinkles (🇺🇸 only) is a hand-held device that delivers red light to the skin—highly beneficial for fine lines, acne and pigmentation! There's also the Foreo Espada Acne-Clearing Blue Light Pen, a blue light spot treatment for acne.
- Lip plumpers: The PMD Kiss Lip Plumping System (reviewed here) is an alternative to lip fillers, and uses suction technology to increase lip volume. It's a fun little gadget!
- Pillowcases: I swear by the iluminage Skin Rejuvenating Pillowcase With Copper Oxide for anti-aging benefits overnight. The Skin Laundry Sleepcycle Pillowcase with Silver Ion Technology is a similar concept, but with silver to reduce acne bacteria. And if you just want something that won't tug at your skin, go for the Slip Silk Pillowcase.
Sephora Makeup Picks
- Primers: I think it's much better for your skin to use a silicone-free primer, and REN Perfect Canvas Skin Finishing Serum is my current fave. Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water is also silicone-free.
- Foundations and tinted moisturizers: For silicone-free skin coverage, go for RMS Beauty Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation (reviewed here), bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturizer or bareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation. Although it's quite sheer, Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream (🇨🇦 only) also doubles as a high-zinc SPF!
- Concealers: I also recommend RMS Beauty Un Cover-Up Concealer/Foundation as concealer—I use this every day! Omorovicza Mineral Touch (🇨🇦 only, reviewed here) is also excellent and soon to be discontinued, so grab it while you still can.
- Powders: The best translucent powders to set your makeup are ILIA Soft Focus Finishing Powder and RMS Beauty "Un" Powder. Also consider Supergoop! Invincible Setting Powder SPF 45 (🇺🇸 only) for added sun protection—it's got 24.5 percent zinc!
- Blushes: My favourite clean blushes are RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek, the Tata Harper Volumizing Lip & Cheek Tints and the Bite Beauty Multisticks (reviewed here).
- Bronzers and highlighters: My go-tos are RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer and RMS Beauty Contour Bronze for sun-kissed colour, and RMS Beauty Living Luminizer for glow. There's also the new RMS Beauty multEYEtasker Luminizing Pencil to add light around the eyes.
- Eye makeup: I usually wear RMS Beauty Eye Polish, since I prefer non-toxic ingredients around the delicate eye area. But for lashes and liner, it's all about waterproofing! Kevyn Aucoin The Volume Mascara is the best tubing mascara I've ever tried, and I've used Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kôhl Eyeliner for years now.
- Brow gels: The new launches to know about are Milk Makeup KUSH Fiber Brow Gel and Milk Makeup KUSH Clear Brow Gel. I've yet to try those, but I can definitely vouch for Givenchy Mister Brow Groom Universal Brow Setter and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel (both clear gels with tons of hold).
- Lip colours: If you struggle with chapped lips, I encourage you to try Lano Tinted Lip Balm—it's made with healing lanolin, and doesn't give me irritation at all! Tata Harper Be Adored Tinted Lip Treatment (reviewed here) is also amazing. For lip liner, I like RMS Beauty Lip Liner (reviewed here).
Shop Editor’s Picks
Are you shopping this sale?
Which products are you planning to buy?