Welcome! If it’s your first time here, this page contains our best resources to get you started.
About The Skincare Edit
The Skincare Edit is where you’ll learn how to improve your skin and build a better skincare routine.
You’ll find in-depth tutorials, guides, product and brand reviews, routines and ingredient profiles—all to help you become more knowledgeable about skincare and gain a deeper understanding of your own skin.
We believe in an “edited” approach to skincare. Less is more, and always keep it simple. Rather than recommending every new trend, we teach you how to evaluate ingredients lists and use your products correctly, so that you’ll make smarter purchasing decisions and get real results from your routine.
About the Editor
Michelle is a journalist, editor, independent researcher and founder of The Skincare Edit (formerly known as Beauty Editor). She has been studying and writing about skincare for more than a decade.
Prior to launching The Skincare Edit, she was the beauty and health editor at Elle Canada and the beauty editor at The Look. She has also written feature articles for many of the top publications in Canada, including Elle, The Globe and Mail, Chatelaine, Flare and Fashion.
As a magazine writer and editor, she specialized in skincare—and interviewed countless dermatologists, scientists, formulators, facialists, nutritionists and other experts over the years—but it was a struggle with her own skin issues that led her to dive deeper.
By learning how topical ingredients, nutrition and hormones affect skin physiology, she was able to dramatically transform her skin without the use of medications or cosmetic procedures. With the information on this website, she hopes to empower you with the ability to improve your skin, too!
Feel free to get in touch if you have a question or just want to say hello.
Join Our Community
Here’s how you can stay up-to-date with this website:
- Subscribe: To receive our latest articles via email, along with skincare tips and support, subscribe to our email newsletter. For the first seven days, you’ll get our free e-course, Better Skin in 7, to help you start your skincare journey. After that, we’ll continue to send you regular updates and Q&As. Sign up here!
- Follow Us: We share even more skincare wisdom on social media, so make sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Here are a few of our best tutorials to get you started:
- How to Apply Your Skincare Products in the Right Order
- UVA vs UVB: What’s the Difference?
- AHA vs BHA Exfoliants: What’s the Difference?
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Please check our Frequently Asked Questions!