Welcome! If it's your first time here, this page contains our best resources to get you started.
About The Skincare Edit
Our mission here at The Skincare Edit is to help you:
- Improve your skin,
- Edit your product routine, and
- Discover safe, effective beauty solutions.
We share advice, tutorials, guides and product recommendations for maintaining a clear and youthful complexion. Our inside-and-out approach is all about common-sense nutrition, balanced hormones, and non-toxic topical ingredients that deliver visible results.
Besides skincare tips, we also feature expert interviews, makeup reviews, hair advice and celebrity beauty inspiration.
Ultimately, our goal is to help you feel more confident through self-care and self-love. By learning the fundamentals of healthy skin—and how to enhance it—we hope you'll be inspired to celebrate your unique beauty!
About the Editor
I'm Michelle, the founder of this website, and a former magazine beauty editor. I've been studying skincare for more than a decade, and I LOVE sharing my findings!
Prior to launching The Skincare Edit, I was beauty and health editor at Elle Canada and beauty editor at The Look. I've also written for many of the top publications in Canada, including Elle, The Globe and Mail, Chatelaine, Flare and Fashion.
It was a struggle with my own skin issues over the years (which I've now resolved) that led me to research physiology, hormones, nutrition and skincare ingredients. My hope is to not only help you become a more educated beauty consumer, but also to empower you with the ability to improve your own skin—safely, naturally and healthfully.
I'm always happy to hear from readers, so feel free to get in touch if you have a question or just want to say hello.
Join Our Community
Here's how you can stay up-to-date with this website:
- Subscribe: To receive our latest articles via email, along with skincare tips and support, subscribe to our email newsletter. For the first seven days, you'll get our free e-course, Better Skin in 7, to help you start your skincare journey. After that, we'll continue to send you regular updates and Q&As. Sign up here!
- Become a Member: For unlimited access to everything we publish, along with a faster, ad-free experience on this website, you can support us by joining The Skincare Edit Premium. Members enjoy an exclusive (and ever-growing) resource library of downloadable guides, checklists and other materials. Plus, you'll be automatically subscribed to our skincare course and newsletters. It costs less than a monthly magazine subscription, and the first month is FREE! Find out more here.
Here are some of our best articles to get you started:
- How to Check Your Beauty and Skincare Ingredients
- How to Choose the Best Moisturizer: 8 Things You Need to Look For
- 7 Reasons to Avoid Silicones on Your Skin
- Why Salicylic Acid is the Best Acid for Your Skin
- Why Squalane is the Best Face Oil
- The Best (and Worst) Sunscreen Ingredients: What to Look for When You're Buying a New Sunscreen
- The Problem with Skin Types: Why It's Better to Treat Your Skin Concerns Instead
- This is Why Your Skin is So Dry (and What to Do About It)
- How to Use Acids and Retinol in a Skincare Routine
- How to Use AHAs, BHAs and Vitamin C in a Skincare Routine
Can't find what you're looking for? Please check our Frequently Asked Questions!